For a French take on gnocchi, Pistache French Bistro’s Gnocchi Pariesienne is savory and full of flavor.
This recipe is for four portions
- 12 oz. Water
- 6 oz. Whole Butter
- 1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 cup AP Flour, Sifted
- 2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 4 tbsp. Fines Herbes (Parsley, Tarragon, Chervil, Chives)
- 6 each Whole Eggs
- In a medium sauce pot bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add the flour. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes.
- Place mixture in a stand mixer. Mix on low speed for 5 minutes with the paddle attachment. Add Dijon and Fines Herbes. Slowly add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Put mixture into a piping bag cutting a 3/8-inch hole in the bottom. Squeeze the mixture cutting with scissors at 1/2-inch intervals into salted boiling water. Let cook for 2-3 minutes until they are firm. Remove and cool on a sheet tray.
- 1 cup Pistachios, Toasted
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Place toasted pistachios in a food processor, slowly add the canola oil until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2 each Fresh Rabbit Thigh
- 1 each White Onion, Large Dice
- 1 each Carrot, Large Dice
- 2 each Celery Stalk
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Quart Chicken Stock
- 1 cup White Wine
- In a heavy bottom sauce pot over medium heat slowly brown seasoned rabbit thighs. When thighs are golden brown all over remove from sauce pot.
- Add carrot, onion and celery. Roast vegetables until colored.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half. Add chicken stock, thyme, rosemary, and rabbit thighs. Simmer over medium low heat until meat begins to pull away from the bones, about an hour or so.
- Cool the rabbit thighs in the liquid. When cool, pick the meat from the bones. Strain the cooking liquid and reserve.
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, Tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roasted in a 400* oven until blistered.
- 1/2 piece Zucchini, Quartered, Thinly shaved
- In a large sauté pan melt 1 tbsp. whole butter until brown. Add 25 Pieces of Gnocchi and sauté until golden brown.
- Add 8 oz. of the pulled rabbit meat and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tbsp. of the pistachio pesto and 1 cup of the reserved rabbit braising liquid. Reduce liquid by half. Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Dived gnocchi into 4 bowls. Top with shaved zucchini tossed with lemon juice and olive oil. Drizzle with lemon oil and serve.